Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm new here and I'm in search of help. I have the above mentioned mb. I am trying to hook up 2 IDE hdd's on the promise 133 raid controller. I don't want to set up a raid array though. I just want them to run in IDE mode. I have set the controller to enabled and IDE mode in the bios. When I boot up the promise bios screen sees both drives but when I get into XP the drives are not showing up. I have gone into disk management but no luck. I was on the phone w/ asus tech for an hour but the dude helping me was playing Doom3 the whole time! Needless to say I still can't get the drives to run in IDE mode on the promise 133 controller. Has anyone had experience with this? BTW I have no trouble setting up a raid array on the same controller. I just don't want an array. I have tried installing the drivers from the cd, the raid and ata. I hope someone can help me with this pita issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You have to load the drivers for the Promise controler. On the ASUS WEB site in the download section for your mother board there are two Promise driver packages. One for RAID and the other for NON-RAID.

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.