Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi its me again. I just got my new mobo in and as soon as i opened it i plugged it into the ps and the light went on. that ment it worked. But i installed all the parts in it and i went to turn it on and when i pressed the power button it made that sharp sound again then the light did not turn on. i think im blowing out my mobo some how. this is my second mobo. im stuck i dont kno what to do anymore. do think i blew it out if so how? these are my specs

p4 2.6c
sata western digital raptor 36gb
MSI Geforce FX 5900 128mb
512 ddr 400mhz corsair

plz help asap

·
Registered
139 Posts
How about your power supply? Are you using the correct voltage 120v? Are you using the same wall outlet?

Does it have that 12v connector that is needed?

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
...when i pressed the power button it made that sharp sound again...
What do you mean by "it"? This mobo has nothing on it that can generate a noise. It definitely sounds to me like you have an underpowered (or failed) power supply. Or a supply set for the wrong input voltage. Or the supply is arc'ing inside.

Was this the same 420W power supply you used on the last mobo? I had told you before that the squealing sound was indicitive of a supply problem. What model power supply is it?

-clintfan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hey guys thanks for all the help i finnaly figuerd out the problem it was a EXTREMLY NOOB mistake... think of the one reason y a mobo will not start if one thing is not done..............................

Yup u guessed it i had the mobo directly on the case with no gap.... LOL =) :D :bandit:

anywayz i am now gonna be made fun of for the rest of my high school years.. laters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.