Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i left my computer on to defrag while i went out. when i returned home i found my computer lagging a lot, so i thought there was something strange thought it was still defragging. in which i opened the program and it said only completed 5%. so i turned it off still no difference. so i restarted the comp. and it froze on "please wait while shutting down windows' screen so i restarted the comp manually, and now it's frozen on the motherboard introduction screen. I tried getting into the bios but it's frozen before i can get into it. memory says and cpu tests are ok. just duno what is wrong. Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've tried taking the cmos battery out for a while. still didn't work.i just found out that it freezes just after it's detected the HD. says 'auto detecting pri. master' it's found my HD then it freezes 2 secs after that. i've unplugged the second IDE cable so it's just the HD thats plugged in. and i've also tried to use another HD one in another computer and it still freezes in the same place.

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
blueflame said:
First post: and now it's frozen on the motherboard introduction screen. I tried getting into the bios but it's frozen before i can get into it.

Second post: I just found out that it freezes just after it's detected the HD. says 'auto detecting pri. master' it's found my HD then it freezes 2 secs after that. i've unplugged the second IDE cable so it's just the HD thats plugged in. and i've also tried to use another HD one in another computer and it still freezes in the same place.
Hi,

Guess I misunderstood the problem from the post above. Anyhow, your MBR might be corrupt, so giving you a link to see if using that option will repair your problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkd_tro_ldau.asp

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i mustn't have described it well enough. what i meant was i've used another HD and hooked it up into my computer and still freezes at the same place. right now i'm using the other computer with the HD that was in my computer. it's able to read all the files on my HD.
it still freezes on the introduction screen that says asus p4c800e-deluxe.but when i press delete button it gets out of that screen and shows the 'american megatrend' screen with the ram checks and stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.