Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
p4 2.6 800mhz,p4c800 dlx,corsair 3200 512ddr ,radeon 8500 le,powmax 400w psu,windows xp,generic cd-rw drive,a 120 and 80 gig drive from maxtor

when i boot up i get no picture at all *see forum threads i posted on another website for more detailed info* , noone helped me there so i hope someone can help me here

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47699
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47610

but i'm gonna try what speedo recommended in this thread
http://www.techsupportforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5708&forumid=15

i'm gonna take out the mother board ,cause basicly only thing i haven't tried.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was no bent pins, i got a voice post message that said something like " system failed , cpu(something)" i'm guessing it said cpustopped , closest word i could put to it, anyways i sent the mobo and cpu back they will send me a new one

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you get into BIOS? If so, what are your settings under Advanced/Jumperfree Configuration?:confused:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Make sure CPU is plugged in correctly, check FSB type, test temp of CPU must be less than 70

to bypass Jumperfree Configuration, use CPR, simply remove power cable, w8 30 sec, then plugin and switch on, CPR will do the rest

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first off i sent the comp back, second how can i test cpu temp, the cpu was on correctly as was the heatsink, the cpu fsb is 800mhz , the board supports 800mhz

and i tryed the cpr thing before

·
Registered
277 Posts
u can test temp in BIOS or remove cooler and put temp probe on CPU, fan power must still be connected, cooler must not be removed for a long time, ensure pins are in, lift lever 1st

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well like i said a couple times i get NO SCREEN AT ALL!! NO BOOT SCREEN NOTHING!! so i can't check in bios and i don't have a temp prob

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe but the company i bought it from supposedly "checked to make sure the hardware worked" i got it in barebones witch included the psu, i would think they would of tested it with that psu they gave me , so i never really thought it was the psu , i also tried the 1 i got in this comp, powmax 400w , dunno it's voltages though , well if the company sends the comp back i will defeiently get a new psu if it still don't work

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would take my rig to them and have them test it right there, infront of you, then have them get a new power supply and test it. If it works w/ the newer supply you know where you stand and that will clue them in to really "check for comptibility". They are all lazy at these pc shops. Unless you *****, complain, and moan, they never do anything. Usually if you buy bare bones they give you a case and some no name power supply. Those are the ones that have the problems. A power supply is like the intake/air filter of your car. When there is no air or very little air going into the car, gas mileage sucks, it stalls, no power. Same w/ PCs. Less power, or power that fluctuates a lot=no good. Everything has to be in harmony <==LOL I love saying that

Good luck bro, hope your problem gets fixed =) Glad to see i'm not the only one up at 8:30 on a forum, guess i'm not crazy after all. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
.... i'm not retarded. anywho like i said like 4 times i returned it,got it back today working fine, like i thought the mobo was bad.i did nothing wrong . now to flash it's bios

·
Registered
6 Posts
word

im having the same prob with a 2.8c and antec 430

the post repeats "failed cpu test" (on audio, no video) and spins the fans but thats it ...

sounds like the only thing that fixes this problem is a new mobo...

id like to think my power supply can handle the cpu since all this crap was working fine for a few days ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
then again maybe not ... some people have reported the everything work fine, followed by this problem, and then fixed with a new power supply

anyone know of a power supply that works with this board for sure? ive seen 20 different power supplies that DONT

im running an antec truepower 430

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solution

I know this thread is already somewhat old, but I post nevertheless the solution to the problem. Maybe others who uses google to find the solution may be helped this way.

The problem is the original Intel Heatsink. Just try to release the headsink and you will the the board will boot (only let it run a few seconds this way so you won't overheat the CPU. its just to show you the problem's cause).

There are two ways to solve the problem. Buy another heatsink which puts not as much pressure on the board or motify the original heatsink.

Read the following link for more:

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/7272

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi
just a hint from me - this problem can also be caused by bad ram.
I tested a few Rams (2xCorsair CMX256a-3200C in DualChannel mode, in single channel mode/Kingston Value Ram 512 MB in single channel mode/finally a no name 256MB ram module in single channel mode)
and had following symptoms:
Corsair Ram: POST okay,booting okay, Installation of Win2k,ME,and XPProSP1 failed...
Kingston Ram: Beep, no display, no POST, no BIOS...
NonameRam: System runs....

I simply had the "luck" to call 3 bad rams my own...tomorrow i'll change them at the store...

But to all that have problems installing the os due to copy-errors or even do not have ANY screen - try and use change the ram....

Greetz
Pen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.