Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading all over this site in regards to P4C800. I recently ordered the board. I want my mobo to be up and running without a hitch.

Now I noticed there are many problems relating to power supply. Not enough power, incompatible version, and whatnot. Which power supply WILL work with the mobo ? So far, from what i seen on this forum, its either Enermax or Antec that will bring the mobo to pure goodness. Like everyone else, I dont likes to waste time and gas driving to a local shop switching power supplies when I could be wasting time and gas(foods) in front of the computer.

Antec True480 ? 550? Enermax 550 ?

S

·
0 Posts
Hello wackhack and welcome to the forums.............:D

Now after reading about all of the issues people are having with this board what possesed you to but one? I'm not being a wiseguy but I sure am curious......:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought it last week . Decided to do some more research on what kind of problems this board may had or have, after all no board are without kinks, and came upon this site. Now, I'm being extra careful in what I buy to make sure it accomadate this board.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks EGV, that was one of the forum I had already read. thats brings up one more thing, VANTEC PS. Ah so P4C800 does not have a good reputation any more ? after all those great reviews on the mobo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

I'm using a ANTEC 550W power supply.

My board to a video editor.

Fast and Powerful!!!!!!!!!

No real problems, you just have to config the BIOS right.

Rich

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello all,
I finally received and installed the Antec Tru 550 (online order). My problems are almost over. I had the Antec 430 which was insufficient. All my Corsair memory issues were worked out earlier and the only thing left was inactive sound and network. Well the new Tru550 has brought the built in network to life, but the
audio is still down. The bios is set to AUTO, but the O.S. does not detect the audio hardware. It is as though the bios was set to disabled. By the way, the Asus probe app shows a much more stable voltage output than I had before with the Tru 430. I am not out of the woods, but if push comes to shouve I will buy a PCI sound card and forget about the build in one. I do see a lot of people coming back to the forum complaining about a working P4C800 Dlx machine that worked for several weeks and then quit. I just hope I am not heading in that direction myself.
Keep trying and sharing your experience!
Take care,
egv

·
Registered
14 Posts
By the way, and I don't want to deviate from the main subject, but If any one had some pointers on a 5.1 sound card that would replace the P4C800 Dlx built in one adequately (i.e. similar feature set) I would appreciate it. Perhaps another group discusses this subject?
Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

Go into your BIOS and make sure you have the Onboard Audio (ENABLED).

I cant think what else might be your problem?

My board works like a dream!

Very little problems, and most of them were because of ME.

Rich

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Rich,
Your BIOS actually has the option ENABLED for the onboard audio? Mine only has DISABLED and AUTO. Of course auto is the equivalent to enabled if the "auto" logic works. According to what I've read the machine will "auto" enable the sound if it detects that there are devices (speakers, mics, etc) connected to it. I have both speakers and the output of TV card to the line-in but this doesn't help. If your option is actually ENABLED please let me know what bios version you have. Mine is 1008 which I realize is not the very latest, but I've yet to find a bios upgrade that really makes a difference to the audio.
Eduardo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.