Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a p4c800-e and the reported temperatures of the onboard heat sensors seem to be wrong.
Most of all the MB temperature makes me trouble: When I switch on the board, the MB temp starts at 24 degrees C and slowly reaches 33. When it finally reaches 33, it doesn't matter what I do, it just stays at 33. It doesn't change at all, even if I run stability testers to simulate heavy load.
But just the MB temperature stays at exactly 33. The CPU temp changes relative to the CPU load (P4 2.8) from 22-29. Seems a little bit low to me. In my old P4PE I had with the same CPU and Cooler around 45 degrees C.

Why doesnt the MB temp change after it reached 33? And why is the CPU temp so low (yeah sure, low temps are nice, but it cant be that low...)?

Im wondering if maybe the sensor chip is damaged.

Has someone seen the same with his board?

Any ideas are welcome!

thank you

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
try feeling the heatsink for the cpu and see how hot it is.

it may actually be that cool.

some of the newer machines arent actually hotter.

~BoB~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bob vila said:
try feeling the heatsink for the cpu and see how hot it is.

it may actually be that cool.

some of the newer machines arent actually hotter.

~BoB~
The heatsink feels exactly as hot (or cool) as with my last board (asus p4pe). Everything is the same, same CPU, same Cooler, same Ram, same OS, I only changed the board to the asus p4c800-e, and suddenly the cpu-temp is 15-20 degrees C less than before. :confused:

But what is more important is that the MB temp sensor always displays 33 degrees after a few minutes power-on. With my old board the Mainboard temperature always changed while the system changed from idle to heavy load. And now, nothing, always 33 degrees.
Maybe they changed the location of the MB temp sensor...

Does anyone know where it is located or how to find out?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Every motherboard ive ever owned the motherboard temp has always been the same no matter what i was running. the cpu temp changed by the motherboard temp was always rock solid within a few minutes of bootup no matter wether i was running stability testers or not. And thats on about 3 different culs2 s, a few p4pe's and some various other motherboards. As for the cpu running alot cooler maby you got the heatsink put on better this time, maby there was air trapped under it last time. I dont think a non oveclocked 2.4c should run above 40 or so degrees C. but thats just my experience.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The current board that i use is the P4C800 deluxe its simular to yours . My MB runs at 32 celsius=89 degrees and the cpu stays at a constant 32 Degrees C =89 degrees thats good. and my asus probe always shows a different temp from the setup.

I have four ASUS motherboards and they all run about the same temp give or take a few.
Most of the time i game and i put a big load on my cpu with other programs graphics and such and my temps rarely move if at all.
but runs great.

Knowledge is power read it, think it, use it.........

Computer Tech

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.