Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just purchased this board and have got it up and running very
solidly so far. One very small, but very annoying problem remains...no matter which way round I connect the plug, the internal speaker will not give me ANY sound...no beeping on startup, for USB etc....I've updated the bios to 1010 (not sure from what version), still no joy...have also tried 2 other speakers...nothing. I simply cannot believe that this ONE tiny thing happens to be faulty, has anyone else come across the problem?

Spec

P4c800-e deluxe
p4 2.4c (stock speed)
1024 Twinmos 3200 Ram
x2 WD HDDs in RAID 0
ATI RADEON 9700 pro
Canopus DV Storm
Yamaha sw1000xg
Hammerfall DSP 9632

(I have onboard sound set to AUTO in the bios)

I really don't want to have to unmake the WHOLE system and return the board just because of this...if its a known problem, i can live with it and I'll use the "speech bios" diagnostics instead, but naturally I don't want my board to be faulty...any help would be much appreciated thx.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
No, I initially got some beeps. Not getting them anymore though, now that things are working OK. So it's not a bug in every board, in case you were wondering. I know this doesn't help, much.

-clintfan

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had the same problem with my P4C800-E. When I called Asus tech support, the tech said he could not understand why the motherboard would not produce a beep during post. The tech than said don't worry about it unless there were other problems. However return it immediately if there is any other problems.

Since that time, I changed some settings in Bios and installed Win2000 and now the systems beeps properly (one beep) during post. My guess is that something in Bios is causing the system not to beep. But the only thing I changed is Raid (disabled) since I don’t use Raid and Bios plug and play (disabled, now uses OS). Anyway just keep an eye on your system and see if there are any problems. Your system may start beeping again on its own like mine did. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.