Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was getting all kinds of blue screen errors with this new computer. I've contacted microsoft, ASUS and Kingston about it.

I was using Kingston hyper x ram. Microsoft and ASUS both told me that they think their is a problem with my ram. So I ordered some different ram. Corsair extreme twin x. I just got the computer up and running with the new RAM.. Hasn't been long enough to be able to tell if it has fixed my problem.. My real concern now is that my 3dmark03 benchmark score dropped by 1000 points!! it was 4760... now I get 3770.. I thought this Corsair was suppose to be better than the Kingston I had. I paid more for it anyways.

But I'm not entirely sure if it was the ram... Last night I was looking around my system and remember this motherboard has a built-in lan card.. I had my DSL plugged into a ethernet card that was in a PCI slot.. So I thought maybe they both where conflicting. I removed the pci card and plugged my dsl into the motherboard lan. I'm tempted to put the old RAM back in the system and see if it runs problem free.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, does anybody know how to turn the 8X AGP on in the bios? sisosoftware sandra shows a tip that says I'm not utilizing the AGP capabilities.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
I could be wrong, but I don't think BIOS controls this. I checked Control Panel- Display- Adapter and there was some stuff, but no speed control. Is there maybe a jumper on the board (since I believe 4X vs. 8X implies a voltage change from 1.5v to 0.8v)?

In a review of your board they kept talking about how they had "set" the card to do 4X or 8X. They didn't say how the "set" it. Matrox has a PowerDesk thing in Control Panel... is there something similar for your Geforce FX5900 Ultra, maybe it's caled NvTweak? Check for jumpers too.

Hope this helps. BTW I got your card type from another post of yours.

-clintfan

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply. I got thinking.. I remember a long time ago I had downloaded some 'omega drivers' for my old geforece ti4600 and it put an option in my video card settings for 2X and 4X AGP.. I then updated to official Nvidia drivers and that AGP speed page in the video options stayed their. It might be possible to do that with this new card.. but it seems to be more of a work around than anything.

Yeah, I've read through countless articles about this video card and changing from 4X to 8X but none of them say how! I thought it would be in the BIOS.

I'll take a look through the manual and see if I can find anything about it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Umm, it seems my video card is in PCI mode instead of AGP.. I just posted about it in the video card forum. I forgot all about this thread I started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.