Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following here for awhile now and have resolved almost everything with this board. I just got it back from an RMA and it appears to be working perfectly except for what ever reason, my clock will not stay current. If I updated it when I boot up, it stays and holds the time all day just fine. The second I turn it off and walk away is the problem. I come back the next day or so and the time is the same as when I shut it down. I have to update it manually to get it back. Could it be just the battery?? Wouldn't that cause other CMOS/Bios problems if the battery was shot though?

Anyone have any ideas? Man - 2months to get this board working perfect is not my idea of a good experience. :|

papa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I'm leaning that way now too. I just ran another diagnostic after making some custom bios changes and it looks like nothing is being kept. This is the SECOND BRAND NEW BOARD FROM ASUS!!!! I always saw them as top of the line, but i'm having my doubts.

·
Guru
1,315 Posts
I'm assuming the "clear CMOS" CLRTC jumper has not been left in the clear position. Normally it should be across lefthand pins 1-2, not 2-3.

Since it's all the CMOS settings, I too say try a new battery fresh from the store, and let us know. We are suspecting some stale batteries may have been shipped on Asus boards.

Even at the store this type of battery may hang on the hook for years, so it may be tricky to get a fresh one; you might want to buy a second one from a second store, and return it if the first one works for you.

If that doesn't work, there's something wrong with your mobo, and you will need to replace it a third time.

-clintfan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
w00t w00t :D :winkgrin:

I spent $3.50 today and so far the battery has fixed the cmos/bios time/date and all other related issues on the board. I am still in shock that it was brand new from asus with a bad battery specially after being rma'd and I'd had hoped checked out before sending it to me.

I really really hope that I never need this website ever again except for over clocking and upgrading help. Looks like I'm in the heaven I have been dreaming of with this new computer finally!!

Thanks everyone!

papa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.