Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there,

After a couple of years IT experience I finally decided to assemble my own pc. Bought all components and put them together. But when I start up only the fans start to run and no screen appears. This is what I already tried:

- Only plugged in the memory, videocard and CPU, no screen
- Took out memory and started up; peeeeep, peep, peep.
- Tried one as well as two memory banks, still no screen.
- Tried two other videocards, no succes
- Tested videocard on different pc, worked fine.
- Took fan off the CPU and checked if it heated up, it did.
- Connected the monitor to a different pc, worked fine.
- Tried resetting the CMOS a couple of times but no changes.
- The mobo doesn't touch the case
- Had memory checked at shop, the're fine

My configuration is :

Asus P4C800 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 / 2.4 GHz 800 MHz FSB
Leadtek Winfast A250 LE 64MB NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti
MBO E-Tron 795 17” Monitor
2 x 512 DDR-DIMM TwinMOS PC3200 (CL2.5) P/N: M2S9J16AJAWB9F0811B-T
[email protected] MidiTowerCase, Jou Jye Electronic Co Ltd Model JJ-300PP (12V) 300W Max
1 x Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM

I 'm planning to buy a 480 Watt power supply as I think 300 isn't enough. I have read several other post about this. Further I am looking for another memory to try (tnx for the tip Speedo)

Maybe you also have an idea what could be the cause, then I really would like to know.
Regards,
Tammo

·
Registered
1 Posts
He D00d,

I have the same board and cpu...good choice...overclockers dream CPU.

When u say the fans power up do they power up then straight down again?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heya,

Thanks for your replies!

When I start up the fans they stay on, also the light on the mobo is on. Indeed, I tried starting up with one and even without any memory and the result stays the same. Strange heh?

I do hope you can help me out.

Regards,
Tammo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After checking all elements I decided to send back my mobo, received a new one and......it all worked fine. Thanks for all advice given!

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
yay

glad its solved.

i didnt get here in time to try and help, but i had that same problem with a new board.

same result too.

~BoB~

·
Registered
2 Posts
P4C800 Deluxe flaw

bRuTaL said:
Yes i have the exact same problem and now i am definately considering sending this motherboard back

If you remove the plastic bracket for the CPU heatsink and the brace on the bottom of the on the P4C800 Deluxe you will see a solder spot on the bottom of the board that is flawed so badly that it actually flowed onto an adjacent circuit.

It doesn't help that the bracket you removed also compresses that exact spot as well. I've took a picture of the one I bought and you can plainly see the flowing solder point and the crease pressed into it by the heat sink bracket brace on the bottom of the board.

The bad solder job will cause the PC to show power good, all parts work in other PCs, but the damn thing won't POST.

I've heard of some people who use a cutting instrument and carefully score the soldering so that it doesn't touch the adjacent circuit, but taking a knife to your motherboard is a slam dunk at voiding any warranty you might have.

The P4C800 Deluxe - E doesn't seem to have the problem with the soldering.

·
Registered
9 Posts
plug in both power plugs

make sure you have both power plugs pluged in. Mine did the same thing. There is a 4 pin one that needs to be pluged in too. :bgrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.