Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of these boards with 1011 BIOS version and every once in a while get the "system failed cpu test" error message at POST. When the PC does boot it's fine - no problems. Any ideas what could cause this error??

Secondly, I have an Intel 2.8 processor with Hyper-Threading. Has anyone with one of these boards noticed the Asus/Intel Pentium 4 logo that comes up just after POST?? I have a curious problem with the Intel logo on this screen... I have Hyper-Threading enabled in my BIOS and sometimes the Intel logo displays HT to denote Hyper-Threading, but other times the logo is just the plain Intel Pentium 4 logo. This is really wierd, I thought it should just display the HT version all the time since it's enabled in the BIOS?

Anyone else with one of these boards noticed this?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't heard that most people turn it off... I would hope that I can leave it on since my CPU supports it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I get the system failed due to overclocking on every boot. Computer runs fine. BIOS set to default except for voice POST. You can see what is on my system in Minor problems with Asus P4C800-E Deluxe or the working systems thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a preferred BIOS version for this board? I see a lot of people using 1010 which is not the newest version, is it more stable?

Also, do most people let the BIOS autodetect CPU and memory settings, or set them manually?

Any luck with your problem Harry? Did you turn off the POST reporter??

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear you are getting your problems sorted out :winkgrin:

Anyone else experiencing my problems of :

a) System failed cpu test
b) the Intel logo somtimes showing HT (Hyper-threading), sometimes just the plain Intel logo.

:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got HT enabled in the bios with no problems.

As far as leaving things set to Auto in reference to memory timings etc., that depends on whether you want to overclock your chip or not. You mentioned that you're seeing the "Overclock" failed message and usually this means that the settings that were changed in the bios in reference to this aren't working, so you must go back in and change them.

I've got my memory settings running at 2.5-4-4-8-infinite-auto. But remember you must use Memtest to test the settings before booting back into Windows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.