Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, all,

Just wanted to update the excellent "P4C800 Problems thread" (http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=6104), but it's expired. Anyways, my P4C800 Deluxe (which I installed about a year ago), consistently kept coming up with "New CPU Detected" on every reboot (hard and soft) (F1, Escape, Enter), until today. I was cleaning the comp, and had some problems with a video card fan that started making noise after the cleaning was finished. Turned out (I think) I only cleaned some part of it, and the dust remaining on the other part made it disbalanced. But in any case, I had to reboot the computer a bunch of times to test, and at some point I suddenly noticed the "New CPU Detected" message was gone - the computer just booted! I did a couple of soft reboots - no message! I did a hard reboot and got the message, did it again and didn't get the message. Anyone know what could be going on? A borderline solder crossing somewhere? (Btw, I do not have the solder blob problem, I CMOS jumpered the board several times with no avail, etc.)

It is my birthday in a couple days, maybe it's a gift from the P4C800... that would be pretty cool, though probably ASUS should spend their time on something other than BDT ("Birthday Detection Technology") :smooch:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:

Definitely the latest, 1019. I check fairly regularly for updates. I had the same problems with the previous revision as well (1017? I think they skipped 1018 on this one?)...

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Hello:

I am fairly sure there are more recent bios revisions / like up to 1021

word of caution = use the afudos bios updating method !!

I have seen some where hidden on the asus bios downloads page that ez-bios cant be used on 1019 and above / and live update is poor at best >> its an all or nothing update and there have been plenty of nothings reported in here.

make sure you download the more recent afudos bios utility for your mobo

let us know how you progress

regards

joe

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Yep I'm off the hook LOL

there are versions 1021, 1022, 1023

and the warning about using the updated bios utility is finally out in the open where it should be !!!!!!

cheers

joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.