Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

ok, i've just bought an asus motherboard: P4C800, with a P4 2.4Ghz & 2*256DDR 3200, 400mhz (from elixir). The problem i have is after installing the hardware, i cant get to boot. I have putted the system panel connectors (atx power switch etc..) but
the power button seems not to work at all. I've got a 350watt "power supply", which i have connected the 2 fans (ATX 12v & ATX power connector) everything should be working & the PC should boot up but it doesn't. If somebody could give me an
aknowledgement/advise, plz do it ;-)

thx in advance!

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to TSF joe_412fr............:D

Do you get any fans or lights going on when you hit the power button?

Is the wire coming from the front panel on/off button connected to the right header on the motherboard?

Did you have another motherboard in this case prior to this one?

Last but not least is the little switch on the back of the power supply turned on. Also check the other switch back there to see if it is set to the proper voltage for where ever you are located.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for answering so fast ;)

when i hit the button, i get no light/fan

the wire coming from the on/ff button is right connected on the motherboard

prior to this one I had another motherboard with another processor etc.. which i wanna put on another PC, so this is why i bought a new mb, processor, ddr, in order to upgrade (everything worked fin with the former motherboard & the power suply)

the thing to know is that i keep my power suply, so i assume that if it worked with the former motherboard, it should work with the new one.

S

·
0 Posts
Sounds to me like you may have shorted the board on one of the standfoffs.

Try This

Remove everything off of the motherboard.

Take the motherboard out of the case and lay it on a phone book or something non conductive.

Clear the CMOS.

Re-Install the CPU, Heatsink and Fan.

Hook up the following items only.

Hook up the wire that comes from the power button on the front of the case to the correct header, See manual.

Hook up the the power supply to the motherboard.

Insert one stick of ram.

Insert the video card all the way.

Hook up the monitor.

Hook up power to computer.

Turn on the monitor.

Turn on computer.

You should have video on the monitor.

This sounds like a lot of work but it narrows down the devices to a few.

Try this and post back with the results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.