Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P4C800 - benchmark results always different

940 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  grues0me 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Forum,

i am using a thermaltake box, enermax 450W power supply, p4c800 bios rev. 1.10, 2xcorsair xms3200cl2 dual mode and a p4 3,0Ghz FSB400.

When i first got this i made a testinstallation with xp and just ran benchmarks all day, to be sure the hardware works.

I used PCMark2002, 3dMark2003, AIDA32 and Sandra. All worked fine. Memtest didnt show memory errors either.

Then i set up my "real" windows, installed newest drivers, my proggies etc and ran benchmarks again...but they are not "stable", they change all the time. Example PCMark2002:
Normally (roughly) CPU:8000 Mem:6000 IDE:1400.
Then, next Test i got CPU: 4000 Mem:3000 IDE:1400. Why???
Restart and i got the same low results. When i repeatly do benchmarks, some are the normal values, some are the lower ones.

Same with AIDA32 and the memory bench: One time i am top of list, one time i am way down at the list, near bottom (even un.der an Athlon 1200 with PC100 memory)

Sandra the same. I dont find any clues what could be wrong. Used Setup defaults, flashed bios new...but there the values show correct.

I would like some help here, really.

Thanks.

Edit: Formerly i used mem settings of: 2,5-2-3-5 (couldnt go faster). But now no matter what i do, it doesnt seem to have impact on the benchmark results anymore. Even speed, same problem, no effect on results.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.