Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason i cant figure this one out.

1 have 2 HDD's: a 40 GB and a 80 GB HDD. They work perfectly on my old P2B Mobo.

Figured i needed to upgrade and bought me a nice juicy P4C 800 mobo.

After installing the mobo the board, 1024 DDR PC2700, ATI Radeon 9700 pro both HDD, CD/R and dvd, i figured i was rdy to boot up.

Went to the bios setup page, saw both HDD; one prim master and one prim slave. Did see the dvd but not the cd/r.

"No biggie" i thought, lets go.

Detecting........
No device found
!!
blablabalba.. bios not installed.

Then i get the screen where windows tells me it didnt shut down propperly and i can choose to start up windows or start up windows in safe mode.

No matter wich option i choose, i get back the mobo logo, it starts up again.. and there is the windows screen again where i can choose if i want safe mode or not.

Already turned off the onboard promise controler. Even tried to enable the promise controler and set it to IDE instead of RAID.

Feels like im stuck in a loop here.. and i have no idea how to get out.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if im the only one experiencing this problem but i've kinda found a "break-through".

Looks like that a HDD with XP on it.. just wont boot up. I've grabbed my oldest HDD available (1.9 GB) formatted that one.. and build it in.

I do get a msg that the HDD is bad, but, i can launch XP on my CD-rom and get in installed on my "bad" HDD.

I set the HDD to slave.... and i get that "press F1 to continue" screenie and it will launch XP.

Im gonna get me a 120 GB S-Ata drive and see if that one will bootup correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.