Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just swapped out my old motherboard and processor with my other set of motherboard and processor (asus p4p800-e deluxe and 3.4Ghz P4). I used to use the p4p800-e deluxe and 3.4ghz p4 before but I got more parts. It usually ran around 46 to 56 C and now when I moved it into my other case the BIOS is reading at 89 and climbs and climbs ive seen it at 95C.

Doesn't make much sense to me but what could be wrong? The heatsink fan is working a'ok as I have visually confirmed it. I used artic silver (just a small drop) on it as well as I always do. After about a minute the pc just shuts down, which I suspect the processor gets to hot.

I havn't installed windows or anything on it yet, just got everything installed in the case.

P4P800-E Deluxe
Intel 3.4Ghz P4 socket 478 prescott
420W Enermax Noisetaker
AGP PNY geforce 6800 ultra
cd-rom
80g 7200 WD harddrive

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I didnt use any applicant before hand b/c the intel heatsink had gooey stuff on it already, just had to take off the plastic over top. But it kind of wore away now so I put the arctic silver on after the move.

Yes the system is fan based as well. It's same came I'am using for this current computer and it ran normally in it before when those parts were in here.

Using 2 80mm intake and 2 80mm outtake.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I would strongly recommend using some AS5 on your heat sink. Before you apply the AS5 make sure both surfaces are CLEAN. The patches that come on there are quite easy to damage and can leave large air pockets between the processor and heat sink.
Instruction for Artic Silver in case you had not seen them. :sayyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I have on there at the moment arctic silver 5. Still high temps though. Just reseated heatsink/fan, for third time today, and its back to high 40's... for now :p

Must of been something with heatsink seating. Was kind of to hard to lock it in before for some reason.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
True Some of them can be a bear to get locked down tight. Your Temp's should improve with a couple of heat cycles. :sayyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.