Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
i got a big problem.
when i came home today i wanted to start my computer and suddenly the post reporter told me that there is no cpu installed. i opened the case to see if the cpu was correctly installed....it was. Well i tried to start the computer again, but same thing happend the post reporter told me that the cpu was not installed.
"No CPU installed, No CPU installed..."
i checked all the cables but everything is at its place. a day before everything worked fine. i allready have reset the cmos but it didnt change anything.
one problem is that the retention module where the cpu is in doesnt hold the cpu correctly.one time i took out the cpu-freezer the cpu also came out without having opened the retention module.
i have no clue wheather its the cpu or the motherboard which causes this problem. i have not tried a different cpu because i havent got one.

thanks for any help you can give me

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
when you clipped down the arms,it sometimes used to go off square causing the heatsink not to sit squarely on the cpu
i always put it together before installing the m/b so i can get a good view of it,also check the fan is turning

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fan is turning and everything else is working fine too. i also try to start the computer while it layed on the side, but it didnt help.i got the cpu several times in and out. but everytime the same thing happens:the computer tells me that theres no cpu installed. and the strange thing...it worked before,but i had a similar problem where the mobo told me everytime on startup that a new cpu has been installed. i took it out and placed it in again...it worked.
now the mobo doesnt even recognize that a cpu is installed,but it is correctly installed. after putting it in and out several times i must work one time or not? should i try with putting new paste on the cpu?

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
aur0n said:
one problem is that the retention module where the cpu is in doesnt hold the cpu correctly.one time i took out the cpu-freezer the cpu also came out without having opened the retention module.
When the heatsink and CPU come out at the same time, you are separating both of them before you reinstall them, aren't you?

Any time you pull the HS from the CPU you should re-apply new thermal compound.

Another note: Make sure there are no broken pins on the CPU.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i allways control if theres a pin broken but they are all intact and i allways separate the heatsink from thecpu before installing them again. my brother is gonna bring me his old cpu in 2 weeks so i can try if its the cpu which is damaged or the mobo.
i also watched the core temperature before it didnt work.it had a good value of 50ºC. so i think was not a too high temperature...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.