Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all;

My gamimg computer has devloped a very bad habit of rebooting its self at random points. I've checked the power supply for proper voltage; good. I've disconnected all but video; boot HD; KB; still reboots. I've swapped in a different video card still reboots. The only thing that makes a difference is when I set the FSB down from it's default 133 to 100. At that speed the Mhz is at 700, and that's too slow for my tastes. Only thing I can figure is the CPU has gone bad. It's a P-III 933Mhz. Anyone ever hear of that? I've never O/C this CPU, and it's got a pretty heafty HSF on it, so heat isn't an issue.

Any suggestions, before I break down and buy a new chip/MB/Video card? Cause right now that's too much $$$

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No I haven't looked at the sys logs. One thing though...this also happened with win98 that was loaded on it before, I though that it might have been that 98 was so corruped but XP also reboots.

My thoughts are a failing CPU, but just wanted a second opinion...

(':D')

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Well I havn't checked any logs yet, but I DID check CPU in another computer, and it had no problems running at full speed, so I'm thinking it's the motherboard. It's an ABIT BX-133 RAID bought about 2 years ago. Maybe I can get it fixed... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.