Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think more info would help here.

At what point does it show the 'Syntax error'?

Is it booting to the XP login screen?

What program are you using to browse the hard drive (file area)?

What files are you trying to 'add'?

What program is activated when you click on the icons? (I'm guessing it's this 'overland-PTCE MR 1 2' that you called the thread.)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tammy Grantham said:
The syntax error opens up like a program on the computer. Hence it appears as soon as I turn it on and it doesn't go away. I can't close it or get rid of it at all. I have tried everything I can think of. The programs were my aim instant message update, mozilla thunderbird email, my photo processing "snapfish" program, my palm pilot program. Basically anything I use has two icons for it now.
Extra Icons:
If the extra icon are called 'Copy of [your program name here]', then somehow you have just made an extra copy of the shortcuts. In this case you can just delete the extra icons by selecting them and hitting the 'Delete Key'. It will ask you if you want do do it, just click 'OK'.

Syntax error:
Does it open in a 'command' window? (looks like dos. Black with white text - but not full screen)
What virus scanner do you use? Is it updated regularly?
Have you recently removed any programs by deleting the 'folder' rather than using the 'uninstall' facility?
Is there any other text? Or does it only show 'Syntax error'?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.