Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I moved from my UNi accomodation to home today and since ive been back my machine has been overheating.

I first realised when i checked bios and the h/w monitor informed me that my CPU was running @ 70degrees (peaking @ 80 today)

I thought it may be the heatsink so reapplied another layer of paste and now it heats up to around 68 degrees but realllly slowly, (ie. 1degree every 20seconds)

however, if i apply pressure to the CPU fan or tilt the case a little the temp comes down at around a degree every 20secs.

this makes me think the problem is the paste, but im sure ive applied it right, i did what i always do :S

anything else that could cause this heating?

Mobo: ASROCK 4CORE SATA2
CPU: Pentium Core2 Quad Q6600 (2.4ghz)
RAM: DDR2 557 2gb (2*1)

Edit: also my CPU fan is running @ 2000-2200 RPM so should be fine where thats concerned and its a new fan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as im aware the PSU fan is fine but ill ouble check that, any way i can tell - except for the obvious "is is spinning " :p

The computer seems to have allright airflow, and theres a lot of wires in the way but all the fans (bar HDD fans) are located at the rear of the case where there arent any obstructions...

Ive used a program called "speedfan" dont know if its any good but its reading:

Temp1: 56ish
Temp2: 56ish
CORE0: 68
CORE1: 70
CORE2: 64
CORE3: 60

I assume that TEMP1 and 2 are just mobo sensors? and 56 is around its running average, so the case heat seems allright

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.