Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a AMD Athlon 64
3200+
running at 2.21 ghz with 1gig of Ram

My mobo is
Asus K8N-E DELUXE

I would like to overclock it and any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
if your a newbie at overclocking, then let me tell you that overclocking voids the warranty of your computer devices and overclocking can permanently damage your computer components.

i dont mean to scare you but im just letting you know what overclocking can do.

since you want to overclock, then i recommend doing some homework and reading up about overclocking. one big factor is overclocking is cooling. make sure you get good system cooling and also that your heatsink on top of your cpu is cooling your proc pretty well.

if you dont have a thermal compound between the cpu core and the heatsink, then i recommend purchasing artic silver 5, a very good thermal compound. make sure you have good intake and exhaust fans cooling your whole system. good overclocking site that has tons of info on overclocking as well as a database of people who overclocked their computer is www.overclockers.com

probably you can search in the database for the cpu you have and see what people did to overclock their procs and other computer components.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I custom built my comp and have already voided preety much all my part warranties. My system runs at about 55 celcius when i am playing a game.

thanks agian ill check out that site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.