Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who remember I had a very annoying problem with an ati 9600 last month. I returned the card after trying everything in vain. Would make the computer so slow, a 9200se would give about 200% performence boost over the 9600. Now I have the same problem with an AGP 256MB 5700 Nvidia and Im waiting an ati 9800pro by mail and Im sure ill have the same problem.

Now what? My motherboard is broken or defective? Im getting very mad and Next step is to take 2 weeks off to torture my computer until its ripped in parts. This is costing me a lot of money for nothing, its illogical, time and energy consuming and chaotic.

Help.

·
Registered
209 Posts
use the best problem selling tool in the world, ebay!
sell your current computer and buy an entire new deal and relax...
its very possible your motherboard just doesnt support certian things, 1 card is bad enough but 3? that arnt even that far from the 9200se...

actually, have you looked into the powersupply? becuz the 9200se would use the least amount of power of those 4...

i feel kinda bad for ya man... i think ide give up by about the 9600 not working, a 9200se will play all the new games you know...

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesnt work the same when I have 20 players in my screen all attacking each others and I have to come up with about 200 actions a minute using macros to kill and aviod dying. Now I fight constant half a second freezes with the 9200se. And in 2005 with an amd64 3200 1g ram machine Im expecting to play games with high level textures, high level details, 4x multisample and etc.

My PSU is an antec 380-420W I forgot wich one but Antec blows anyone anytime so it cant be that..

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent that to ABIT support if it rings a bell to anyone, help.

Ive tried running 3 different videocards on my computer:
Ati 9200se - as slow as it should be
Ati 9600pro - Was giving me constant crashes (screen goes black, have to reboot) so I disabled fastwrite and took agp down to 4x instead of 8x. After that the games would just freeze 1 second every 5 seconds. Had to put back the 9200 and return the 9600.
Geforce 5700 OC - Doesnt crash because of the settings I changed previously but still gives me freezes, even at the lowest resolution and without anti aliasing and all shading effects.

Heres what I tried-
I reinstalled DX9.0c, no results.
I tried stock drivers for all cards, and I tried latest drivers too, doesnt change anything.
I tested the cpu usage and voltage while playing games and everything seems to be stable.
I tested my 1G RAM and theres no error.
I tried downclocking the cards, doesnt change anything.
My temperature is always about 45-52 degrees.
I tried downlodaing latest amd64 drivers, via drivers, mobo drivers, etc. Slightly increased speed.

Heres what I have

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ / 512KB Cache / 1600MHz FSB (Hammer serie)
KV8 Pro Motherboard
TruePower 380Watt ATX12V power
(many videocards)
1024MB DDR3200 Kingston (1 Chip)
200gb WD S-ATA hard drive
Windows XP PRO

Games Ive tested the cards with:
Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, GTA San Andreas, Farcry, RTCW - Enemy Territory.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In fact thats not what Abit told me, thats what people told me on this board (wich saved me lots of time and email waiting from them). Its the first time I try contacting them, Im waiting an answer.

Ill check to redownload drivers but Im pretty sure I have the latest already..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.