Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard tat a DSL over 15m can dramictally slow down the internet, but then i also heard that over 15m Ethernet cables will slow down aswell. But as my PC is about 15m maybe further from the fone port and im thinkin of gettin the BT £17.99 package, will it slow down? cus i think i no my pc spec will slow it down already. Is there any other option rather than drilling thru the walls or usin wireless?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why are you running 15m from the origin? Your best option, even though you said you did not would be wireless APs and setup a mesh network. My own personal preference would be to drill and punch.

Another option, which would be cheaper, is to have the tel company come out and run that line for you where you want the drop at. Might get you a better signal for the DSL depending on how old that other line is. Plus you could use that opportunity to isolate the Data line specifically to that port to prevent any interference from phones or other devices you have plugged in.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, im pretty sure im not 15m, i was just askin, sorry i wasnt clearer :cry: if not ill have 2 drill + punch.. hmmm *figures out drill and punch plan* yes.... ok thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.