Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dell Dimension 8300 Media Center where the output adapter cable to the ATI all-in Wonder 9000 is causing interference on my monitor. I have not been successful in finding a replacement since I have no part number for this cable. Can somebody direct me to a vendor that might be able to supply me with a new cable. I live in South Florida.

· Moderator; Hardware
20,064 Posts
The AIW cards typically have a breakout cable used for video input, but I don't see how that would interfere with the output to the monitor.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The connector on the ATI card is SQUARE as seen in the picture provided. The cable, also seen in the second picture links that connector to the monitor cable. I believe that the data you provided is either a newer version or a card on the Pro version of the Dimension 8300. In any event, it is not the connector on my ATI card. Additionally, when this cable is jiggled, the interference changes. Another post stated that replacing the cable solved the problem, hence I am looking for that cable.

Attachments

· Moderator; Hardware
20,064 Posts
You could try contacting Dell, or possibly ATI, but with the age of that card/system, you are very likely out of luck. Your only real option will likely be eBay (or similar site).

Also, it's more likely a dirty/faulty port and not the cable.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Dell Dimension 8300 Media Center (2003) computer with an ATI 64 MB all-in wonder 9000 Rev 04 graphics card. This card has an obsolete connecter (see earlier posts and refer to item 2). I would like to replace this board with a more up-to-date one. Can anyone recommend one to me. I am going to use this computer as a backup to my new HP Envy.

· Moderator; Hardware
20,064 Posts
I don't think the AIW cards are produced any longer and they were the only "all in one" solution that I'm aware of. You could simply get a video card and a capture card (assuming the PC has another available slot), or even an external USB capture device.

Or find a used card on eBay.

· Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there another graphics card that I can use in place of the ATI all-in wonder 9000? There are many older cards on ebay,, even a replacement for mine however there is noone offering a replacement cable, even Dell does not have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.