Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with Outlook remembering email names after shutting down. During the day is fine, but once I shut down and turn it on, it does not remember any names.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
How do you normally input addresses into your contacts?

Do you either CTRL+SHIFT+B and add them manually or right-click on their email address in the 'From:' line and choose 'Add to Outlook contacts'?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have outlook 2007, and when I am sending an email, I hit the letter to suggest a name which always works, however, once I shut outlook off, the next time I turn it on, it will not suggest the name. I tried clicking off the "suggest a name..." and on again as recommended but it did not work. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Find an email in your Inbox where the senders email address is not being rememered when the computer restarts and open it.
In the 'From' field, Right click on the senders email address and select 'Add to Outlook Contacts' from the choices and then in the window that opens press 'Save and Close' (it will look like a blue floppy disk icon at the top) Click 'update' if prompted.
Now exit Outlook in the normal way and reboot the machine.
When the computer has restarted, open Outlook and when you are in the Inbox select 'New' at the top to create an new email and in the 'new email' window, press 'To'. Your address book should pop up and just start typing their name and it should show up.

Let us know if this helps.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi russk51, sorry that didn't work.

Have you tried recreating your Outlook Profile? Do not delete your old one untill you have verified that the new profile is working as it should.

Indecently, do you remember when it first started to happen? Had you installed any 3rd party add-ins to Outlook?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.