Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all!

ive just installed office 2003 and i really want to use outlook.

looking at old versions of outlook when it starts up there is a page that gives a run down for everything that day. i believe this page is called "outlook today". for some reason i cant find this page in outlook 2003. when it boots up it boots up with the mail section.

can anyone help me find this outlook today page and make it default when booting.

thanks for any help at all!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JamesO said:
Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, choose Outlook Today in Start up this folder.

JamesO

hey thanks for the quick reply...problem though...

when i click on the browse button, outlook today is not one of the options that i can have as start up.

is there any way even just to view outlook today nevermind having it on startup!

thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I do not have access to Outlook 2003, so I am working off Outlook 2002, which has some differences.

Do you have the Outlook shortcuts on the left side of your screen? If not, go to View and select Outlook Bar.

Move your cursor into the Outlook bar area and right click, select Outlook Bar Shortcut. "Look In" Outlook, then view the items in the Folder Name box, do yo see "today"? If so, select "today", then ok.

See if this allows you to use the Outlook Today start up, unless it was removed from Outlook 2003??

JamesO

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey thanks for the help!

i tried and that didnt seem to do the trick...

what i did find however was that outlook today is kind of "hidden" away somewhere. to access it

view>toolbars>advanced

this allows a new toolbar to be seen which has a button on it for outlook today. this is the only way i can find anything to do with outlook today! maybe im just a tube right enough!

thanks for the help though...

one last thing...

is it possible to close outlook and have it running in the background or in the system tray. i would like to know when i get emails with a beep or sound but i dont want to have outlook constantly on my windows tool bar.

thanks again for all the help. you are a star!

·
Registered
1 Posts
you can right click on the outlook icon in your system tray and then click hide when minimized. That will do what you are looking for. YOu will have the outlook icon in the system tray and you will be notified of our recieved mail

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the help so far!!!

one last thing...(im sorry)...

i just tried to setup an exchange server account unsucessfully. im not bothered about it being setup, but what does bother me is that now i have deleted the exchange server email account outlook is saying that it is constantly offline. it will check email from other accounts no problem, so i dont know why it says that it is offline.

is there any way to resolve this...thanks again for any help!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.