Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Contacts in Outlook 2000 and am trying to synchronize them with a new Sharp portable organizer (model 0z-290HII). When they transfer to the Sharp unit, the phone numbers contain two spaces between the area code and the prefix of the phone number, which causes the last digit of the phone number to wrap around onto a second line on the display - very annoying.

Sharp's technical people say that I might have to enter the phone numbers directly on their unit, which then displays the entire phone number on one line. They say the problem is with Outlook, not with their product.

I've tried editing the phone numbers in Outlook to take out the extra space, but Outlook overrides the changes and keeps the standard format for the phone number, which does not solve the display problem.

Is there any way to change the format of the phone number data in Outlook so that I have a better chance of having it transfer over to the Sharp organizer without these extra spaces between the area code and the prefix?

Thanks,

Keith

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.