Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our office is having a problem....3 computers are connected via wireless network. One computer cannot send files via Messenger or access the internet via Outlook. We are able to receive everything okay though. Each try gives us an error message saying that restrictions are imposed on this computer. We've searched EVERYWHERE and can't find a solution.

Outlook 2002 SP2
MSN Messenger 6.0
Windows XP Professional 2002 SP1
This is the only problem we're having.

We ARE able to access the internet via Explorer, etc.
We ARE able to chat via Messenger.
We are able to send emails through Outlook, with files attached.
We've tried reinstalling....no luck.

HELP!!! Again!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear god man, dont EVER use outlook, its one of the most exploitable programs out there, do you know how easy it is for someone to get into your system or read your mails using outlook?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all I am NOT a man, I am a woman.

Second, I am looking for legitimate help with this, not personal opinions.

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts
What kind of attachments? exe, bat, pif???

Try renaming the files by changing the last letter of the extension to an underscore.

thisfile.xls to thisfile.xl_ When the receiver saves the file to disk, instead of Open then they simply substitute the correct last letter and now they have the file.

If this is not the problem, please provide more info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Our Messenger is now working but still am unable to access the internet (web pages, links, etc.) through Outlook. It gives an error message stating "restrictions are on this computer, contact administrator".

·
ID10T Circuit replacement
1,038 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This DID work....I only had to make Internet Explorer my default browser!!! Hummm....it's always the simplest things.
Thanks for your help. You're always a lifesaver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.