Tech Support banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to assist a friend who lives in France to fix an Outlook 2010 problem. As you will see from the attachment there are a lot of files in the inbox and so Outlook complains when sending/receiving emails and asks the user to delete some of the files. However, when I highlight and try to delete the files all I get is a warning that the message store has reached its maximum capacity and will not allow any files to be deleted. I would be grateful for any assistance to overcome this problem without losing all the files in the inbox.

Attachments

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
7,731 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for responding. I tried the Fix Outlook link above. There were no max and warning limits set in the Registry and so I suspect the person that I was trying to help had simply exceeded the default limit. I set up the Registry max and warning limits to the higher value (than the default) but that did not fix the problem. Then I noticed that there was a "corrupted" entry in the same Registry area so I ran the SCANPST.exe application found in Program Files (86)/Office directory and that fixed the problem. So, for anyone who has the same problem may want to run the SCANPST.exe application first before making any changes to the Registry. I also advised my friend to delete some of the thousand+ redundant emails she had in her Inbox!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts