Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a terrible time getting Outlook 2002 (also Outlook 2000) to work under Windows XP. Sometimes a user will get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable". They are connecting to everything else on the network, can ping the exchange server, etc. When this happens, I have to delete the email account from local setup and put it back on. They may go five or ten times logging on correctly, then it will do it again. Also, if I move the machine from one office to the other, it starts doing this again, even though the network connectivity is fine. I've had this happen on several users when we upgraded them to XP. Also, if I set their account as a domain admin, they can open outlook correctly every time. I don't really want to make everyone a domain admin, though!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
STILL Stuck in a treestand....
929 Posts
I'm not sure how your domain is structured nor do I know how many different domains you have setup but you need to check you policies and permissions for your users. If you have multiple domains and the same users in differnt ou's this can create problems, if their premissions and policies differ. For some reason theirs a conflict their and me not being able to look at it first hand makes it hard to point out your problem. I would look at my user first and then work my way out. It might be timely but it's better than placing everyone in the admin group. You know the domain admins have no problem accessing their mail, so you know there's a chance its not mail or software related.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.