Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used to have outlook express, now i have o.e.5. how do i retrieve my address book from old o.e.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Carry out a search (go to start, search all files and folders) for *.wab look for the one with your name or the log on name you are using against it, this will almost certainly be the largest .wab file. It may require you to alter the folder settings to show hidden files (explore, tools, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders). Also make sure that "Display the full path in the address bar“is selected and that “Hide extensions for know file types” is not.

Having found this file and it’s location you will need to import it into your new build.

SuperCub

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o.e. address book

will this work if i replaced a crashed hard drive? that is the reason i got an updated o.e. on a new hard drive. old o.e. was on old drive. thank you for your help

·
Registered
126 Posts
Obviously you will need the original .wab so if it still available from your old HD or from your back ups then you’re OK if not I am afraid it’s gone for ever.

Why did you replace the first HD, was it physically damaged, corrupted, had virus problems or something else? If you need help to retrieve the data from this disk let us know?

SuperCub

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey cub,
thanks 4 the reply. the reason i went from o.e. to o.e.5 is that my hard drive crashed, ( i think) couldn't get it to boot up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.