Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All: I need a little help. I`ve lost [ om19.dll ] and cannot reload outlook express. Any one have a good idea how to get it back. I down loaded internet explore and microsolf says that they are togeather, but I have not been able to find it. I have win me for o/s. Thank You Jimdoss

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have never heard of that problem. I'm sure someone more familiar with OE problems will post a cure, but you could try this until you get OE fixed. It configures almost identical and can be allot more fun to use.

Cheers-

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Was the file deleted or corrupted?

Anyway just curious, put your ME cd in your rom drive and go into the directory were all those .cab files are I think on the M.e. cd it just >windows.

then use the expand command to look in all the cabs and extract that file out of them, the exact use of expand is dif. in each release and I dont remember clearly the exact command you would use but help on expand can be found by typing expand /? in the cdrom>windiows> directory.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on that www.activeworlds.com and down loaded a plugin. After I seen that this was not for me I deleted the plugin and it took all of my program files in that folder, plus norton antivirus and other packets of data, one being outlook express. I had to wipe the c-drive and reinstall the o/s and norton. I only started learning about computers the 1st of march, so this was a new thing for me, but everything turned out fine. Thank You for the help.

·
Registered
852 Posts
OK. next time you go through the "add and remove programs" thing and it asks you if you want to delete the shared file "blabla.dll" say "NO". It will not hurt your system or take up too muck space to keep puny .dll files and sometimes windows is dead wrong when it says "it appears the file is not being used by any other programs".

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I hate O/E ...with that said.....

1st run SFC start-run type SFC...... See if you can restore any damaged files(now I have been on XP for a while so I am not sure if you can run SFC on ME but give it a try)

then go to www.support.microsoft.com and sadly enough you will see tons of troubleshooting tips for O/E including the registey setting that fools windows into thinking O/E isnt installed and then you can reinstall...good luck...spent the last week troubleshooting IE at two diffrent clients....hate it!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.