Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used Outlook Express for a long time. Suddenly, about a week ago I could no longer send anything. I have gone to accounts and retraced my steps over the entire setup procedure but haven't been able to solve the problem. I am using XP and I will show you the message I receive when I try to send.

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop3.charter.net', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 209.225.8.224 (209.225.8.224:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67.

I would appreciate any help you may give me. Thank You

joakim

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi joakim

A good first step would be to call Charter Communications & see what they have to say. They know their setup better than anyone else.

If they can't help you, come on back & we'll try a few repairs.
. . . Gary

[...Oh, and Welcome to the Tech Support Forums]

·
Banned
2,148 Posts
I use outlook express every day. Sometimes the configuration data goes bad on my machine due to excessive overclocking, and I have to go through every setting and make sure it is correct.

Also, Gary is correct in checking with your ISP/e-mail provider, as it is very possible that they have changed the POP and SMTP settings for their e-mail, making OE's configuration settings incorrect and therefore not able to upload e-mail. Actuall, as I think of it, POP is for downloading of e-mail, and SMTP is for sending it, so you could narrow your search to finding out if your SMTP settings are correct, either because OE burped and changed them itself, or your ISP changed them without telling you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gary and Girderman, I think you are both right about calling Charter my ISP. I probably should have done this without bothering you guys but I thought perhaps there was an outside chance it could be something else. Also, although the name Charter is still being used for my Email, the company name has changed to Suddenlink so this reinforces the idea that some changes may have been made. I'll call them and let you guys know what happened. Thanks to both of you.

Joakim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.