Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All..
Well this is a brain buster. All the settings in outlook express in win98se are set correctly. Went to the isp he has and checked the settings there and got them at support and they have never seen this before. We have run virus scans with lates definitions no go. Put in my email account and wont run. Go to his Isp and he can get the mail from there but it wont access from outlook express. So reinstalled win98se over the top and no go its the same cant get it to run. As yet havent formatted as he dosent want to do that. so HELP HELP.......It Just wont send or receive emails at all. Tried upgrade in outlook to the lates version and also did internet explorer. I dont know why he dont jsut format. I am not at the machine its a mates in the bush so I am posting this for him in case someone has had this same problem..He is hoping ..
Cheers and thanks in Advance...
P.S Going to install opera and try the mail in there see if that goes.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
had this problem before.....

I have had a problem similar to your, I first bought a cheap modem when i built my computer, modem worked great, but couldn't send or recieve e-mail through outlook express or net scape. Tried everything, contacted tech support and viruscan didn't work either. Finally thought maybe it was my modem, sure enough went and bought a little better modem (3COM U.S. Robotics) and it worked fine after that. If all else fails, try your modem, it was my last resort as well!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi All
Thanks heaps for the comments. I got mail from the friend in the bush he deleted the inbox ect and it seeks to be going now Thanks Heaps it sort off hard when one isnt sitting at the problem. I also told him to try another modem as well.
Thanks Heaps Many Thanks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.