Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running OE v6 on XP+SP2, and am up to date on MS fixes. I connect to the net via a DSL line and a Netview Router (with built-in h/w firewall). I long ago disabled the OE Preview Pane (for well-known reasons) and everything works more-or-less fine.

I wanted to demonstrate the Preview Pane (and explain why it's a bad thing) to a friend, but when I clicked View/Layout, the entire bottom half of the resultant box was grayed out, so that I could not enable the pane.

I figured that this was something to do with the IE Connection/Security settings, but playing with these made no change.

Has anybody else seen this problem, and know the fix?

TIA

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Hello EJDC,

To get the preview pane back in Outlook Express try this....

Open Outlook Express > View > Layout > tick the box at the bottom that says "Show Preview Pane" > Apply > OK.

That should bring it back again for you. :smile:

Let us know if you have any problems, or other queries/concerns.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello EJDC,

To get the preview pane back in Outlook Express try this....

Open Outlook Express > View > Layout > tick the box at the bottom that says "Show Preview Pane" > Apply > OK.

That should bring it back again for you. :smile:

Let us know if you have any problems, or other queries/concerns.
It's pretty hard to tick, check, or click anything that's grayed out...........

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hi EJDC,
This is probably a stupid question but is it grayed out when you click View>Layout from your Inbox or another folder?
T.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi EJDC,
This is probably a stupid question but is it grayed out when you click View>Layout from your Inbox or another folder?
T.
On the contrary, that is an EXCELLENT question - it pointed to the solution.... The graying-out occurred when I did View/Layout from the initial (first) OE screen. When I went to my inbox, and tried again - voila! no gray-out...

Now why didn't I think of that ?

Thank you very much indeed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.