Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an intermittent problem that started a few days ago - some emails from the same sender sent at the same time get through as normal then there are gaps in the list in my inbox where there is no sender, no subject and when I click on the email the content is in (HTML?) code.

It happens with different senders, to different email accounts - although they are all sent to BTinternet.com emails.

No problem sending emails, and when I checked by accessing the emails via webmail they were all perfect in that inbox.

I haven't changed any settings on my PC.

Thank you
Cat

·
Premium Member
41,819 Posts
What is your Email (Internet Service Provider) Provider? What is your Email Program (eg) Outlook? Outlook Express? Thunderbird etc? If Outlook, What version of Microsoft Office ? (eg) 2003-2013? Do you use Word as you Email Editor? Do you download Email in HTML format, Rich Text or Standard Text?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BT

Outlook Express

I don’t know what version – how do I find out?

I have never set up a specific email editor, so whatever it usually defaults to – I do have Word on my PC

Again, I have never set anything up for download format so whatever the default would be – compose is set to HTML

Sorry not to know all this – I’m not a technical user – I just switch it on and hope it works the same this time as it did last time! It’s been working fine for years but suddenly it has this problem

·
Premium Member
41,819 Posts
My Bad, you did say Outlook Express, I'm sorry. OE has not been supported by Microsoft for many years now. It was abandoned for Windows Live mail and recently with Outlook.com. Microsoft is trying to get everyone to switch to Outlook.com (Hotmail, Windows Live, OE etc)
What is your internet (Email) provider? Many ISP's have changed their Email settings lately. Google your ISP and Email Settings for Outlook Express and make sure the settings match yours.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,685 Posts
This isn't a fix, but a possible workaround:
Outlook Express>Tools>Options>Read>Read all mesages in plain text.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.