Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've gotten mixed results in trying to determine if Hotmail is still compatible with Outlook Express.

I configured Outlook express to communicate with a Hotmail account and it worked well for several of weeks. Then after that it began erroring out. It just quit working all of a sudden and in fact did so right after two forwarded emails went to the 'outbox' and never left.

With one last attempt yesterday, OE downloaded 3 emails from Hotmail then errored out again. It still did not send out the 2 emails in the outbox.

Then I decided to remove the Hotmail account from OE. I hit the remove button and all of a sudden it downloaded all the emails in the Hotmail Inbox. After that the link was severed.

What is the reality of the matter? I don't want to spin anymore wheels on this but I would like to be able to use OE. It is the only client I know of that will link Windows Fax and Picture Viewer to attached photos.

This on a Laptop running a fresh reload of Win xp w/service pack 3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a little confused. Why would a Microsoft Support Tech recommend an entirely different setup that what I inquired about, without even addressing my specific questions?

·
Registered
40,765 Posts
All of us here are Volunteers and we do not work for Microsoft. We specialize in Microsoft Operating System Troubleshooting. We only suggest software we know to work. Outlook Express has been abandoned by Microsoft several years ago for Windows Mail, which seamlessly connects with Hotmail (Windows Live Mail). I believe Corday was suggesting software that might be easier for you to work with. You might consider using Windows Live Mail instead: Review - Replace Outlook Express With Windows Live Mail

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.