Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

We have an exchange server and use outlook 2000 at my work.

I want to setup an out of office/message rule while i am away.

I want to have all my emails fowarded to my home address, and be able to leave my user account at work logged out.

So far i have tried setting up various message rules, some require outlook running, and some allow me to be logged out. Yet none of these rules actually fowarded the messages to my home address.
The same thing happened when i tried to setup an out of office rule.

So i am beginning to think that it isnt possible to foward emails to an external email address, without some type of addon/patch/3rd party program.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
160 Posts
I managed to do this before using just the rules in Outlook, doing it this way:

My names Ian Sawyer and my email address in question begins [email protected] so I simply set the rule for all messgaes that contain "ias" "ian" or "sawyer" in the To or Cc Lines to be forwarded, added my hotmail address as the forwarding address.

To keep others from seeing it, I created a folder people wouldn't WANT to look in, I think I may have called it "Filtered Spam Emails" or something. Anyways I set another rule under the same conditions, but this time instead of forwarding, I instructed it to move the message to the "Filtered Spam Emails" folder.

All my emails were forwarded on to the hotmail account, and when I got back to the office I had another copy of them all in this folder.

Failing that, try contacting your host to see if forwarding can be setup through themselves, like Hotpop do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.