Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently posted about a problem I was having with Outlook Connector, thinking I'd broken it after initially installing it successfully. So, after removing and reinstalling it, I was delighted when it worked fine all over again. Both my Hotmail and Outlook Pop3 accounts were syncronising in both places and in turn on my Windows phone.

Now 2 days later and having altered nothing, my hotmail emails are only being delivered to Hotmail and my Pop3 account emails only to my Outlook! And subsequently my phone is only syncing to Hotmail!

What's going on?! I've not touched anything but something's changed and not working how I need it!! Is this a common bug? I seem to recall reading something somewhere about Connector only working for a day?!

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Not sure I'm understanding how you have your email configured and what you're trying to accomplish. Your phone is syncing how? You have a pop3 and hotmail (presumably imap) account in outlook? Are you trying to have your pop3 email use the hotmail folders as it's default location?

Your previous post was regarding your hotmail account and getting it working in outlook, correct? Is it still having your hotmail email come in to outlook? If so where is it being delivered?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply! when I initially install Outlook connector, both my hotmail accounts, and the Pop3 account I have in Outlook will come through to both my Outlook and online Hotmail accounts. Then, like an exchange server, deleting an email in one place, will also delete it from the other etc. Likewise I can sync my phone with the account to work in exactly the same way.

HOWEVER, after a couple of days, my hotmail emails are no longer coming through to my Outlook and vice versa. And my phone is only syncing with my Hotmail.

I'm trying to understand what has changed (Ihave altered nothing!!) and how I can return to the exchange server situation that I have when I initially installed Outlook Connector.

I've tried uninstalling it and making a clean installation - again, it works fine for a couple of days, then the same thing happens!

Hope that makes sense and I really appreciate any help!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bit of an update - my hotmail emails are now coming through to my Outlook, but the emails to the Pop3 account I have set up in Outlook are not going to Hotmail!?

My main goal is to have my phone synced to my work email (Outlook) which is why I'm having to use Outlook Connector!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.