Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outlook Calendar shows start time in the monthly view but not the end time. I have right clicked on the calendar gone to Other Settings and checkmarked "Show End Time" but the end time still does not show. How do I make the start and end time show in the monthly view?

·
Visiting Tech
1,519 Posts
You did not say what version of Outlook.

I am using Outlook 2007 and note the same as you - only the start time is displayed. I note on mine, if the end time was displayed, there would be little to no room for the Subject title so for me, I would rather have the appointment title instead of the end time. I think in a crowded field (as the monthly view can be) that is best for most people.

I don't see a fix for you. However, for a workaround, with Outlook being in "focus", if you hover over the appointment with your mouse, then the stop time is also displayed in a bubble.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Windows 2007 and have found out how to view the start and end time of events while in monthly view on my computer. One way to do it is to click the double arrows (<<) beside "Calender" on the left hand side tab--this will shrink that tab and give more room to see the end times. If you like having that tab there, you can try changing the font to a size 6 under "Other Settings" when you right click on a day. The end times will show when you print the month out (check this under print preview). I hope this helps!!

·
Visiting Tech
1,519 Posts
Great find, jweaver13! Your suggestion to click the double << works perfectly. It caused me to play a bit more and I discovered if I maximum the Outlook Window to full screen, the end-times appear. However, I have 22" wide screens. A smaller screen, on a notebook for example, even with Outlook maximized, may not be big enough to display the end-times, unless the font size is reduced, as you suggested. Worth checking out in any case.

To be truthful, I feel a bit embarrassed I did not think of that before.

Thanks for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.