Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just transfered all old files and settings in XP from a colleagues old laptop to his new one. When doing this I have exported all emails and contacts in outlook 2003. However outlook takes a very long time to open each folder and when you write an email using word it takes ages to open. This problem also occurs when you first start word it is very slow. The laptop is brand new and the antivirus is Norton (not my choice), i have disabled the office plug-in in norton but the problem continues. I have used the detect and repair feature as well as using uninstalling and reinstalling office. Does anybody know of any solutions??:4-dontkno

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He has around 3600 emails and 200 contacts, also i have installed SP2 for office 2003. How will I know if he is running it in cache mode?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Assuming you are using exchange: If his emails are aviable offline then he is running is cache mode. The problem with this is this if you upgrade from a previous version of office the limit on the OST it creates is 2 gigs. Once you reach that limit things will start acting up. I would suggest you create a PST and copy some older email to it. Or you can convert the OST to uni-code which does not have a size limit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
it's the Norton

My Dear friend
i think you should try to un-install the Norton antivirus i tried it but i found that it makes my computer so so solwley so i had to remove it from my system and useing McAfee
Anyway try also to clear the check box mark in the Option of the outlook
for making the Word 2003 it's the default mail compser
thanks & BR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.