Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime i start Outlook 2003, it will take so long for the program to sart running. A "WIndows Installer" message box appears for every new mail that comes in and takes a while before I can start reading or sending mail. Any tips on how to get rid of this? I tried online documentation from Microsoft but no help there. Outlook also freezes and crashes when i try to edit an address book entry.

I have this program for 5 months running but always with these 2 problem seversince. thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
have you tried going to add remove programs selecting office (or outlook is you got it seperately) and then selecting repair from the uninstal menu?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi

Do a search for outlook.pst - the slowness may be caused by the file being around 2Gb. If this is the case create a new PST file and split the emails into it.

With the install problem, have u tried putting the outlook / office CD into the drive while it installs. I have only seen this issue on a domain before and it was due to user rights not allowing the installation to complete. Are you on a domain?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have decreased the size of the PST that helped and Ran Windows Install clean up which found 2 versions of office running hence the reason of the pop up annoyance. Now i am fixed. thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.