Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya, having a hard time here with Outlook 2003. I have made up an html newsletter for a client, problem is that they are trying to send it with Outlook 2003 – which I’m not at all familiar with. The problem is that Outlook 2003 seems to completely ignore all the formatting I’ve layed down – it doesn’t display the background images I’ve placed in tables and the font size and formatting has changed. Is this to be expected? I’m kinda tearing my hair out here, especially because I don’t actually have Outlook 2003 myself, and so it’s difficult to find the root of the problem. Does anyone here have experience with such things? What is the best way to place an html file into outlook 2003? Is it better to copy/paste it from internet explorer straight into the message? Or better to put it in as stationary? Are there any obscure settings I should know about that could be breaking my formatting? Any insight greatly appreciated, I would be more than happy to post the file if anyone with too much time on their hands wants to have a crack :p

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep

Hi, thanks for the reply. HTML is already set up, the problem is that it isn't displaying correctly. eg: if you look at the page in a browser, and then look at it in outlook they look completely different - the outlook one is all messed up.

·
Registered
282 Posts
you mean the formatting is messed up? Could it be the html is too complicated or maybe some security settings in outlook?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, well the html is just a bunch of tables and images (with some background images in some of the tables). It's not particularly complex, but yeah, I think it must be some setting somewhere in outlook that is overriding something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are set up like so:

<table width="610" height="464" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.