Here are the specs:

AMD XP 1800
MSI KT4V-L (MS-6712)
ATI Radeon 7000
Maxtor 40GB IDE
Seagte 9gb SCSI
Windows XP Pro SP1
Office XP Pro SP2

Outlook has decided that when minimized, it will reside in the system tray, not the program bar, and will not report itself as an APP when minimized, yet the process is still there.

Also, I have it set to check for mail (multiple POP-3 accounts) every five minutes. Until recently (same time as the minimize issue?) it would only inform me of errors. Now the Send/Receive window comes up each time (demanding attention, mind you) with or without errors.

Ad-Aware - updated it and ran it
Spybot - same
NAV 2003 - running and updated
Firewall - always!

I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling Office XP ... no luck

Any ideas? In a way it's fine by me, seeing as Outlook is performing with no real errors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas on this subject?
Exactly the same thing happens to me and I also use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 account. I have chosen the MinToTray-option so Outlook resides in system tray, very practical. But the "Outlook Send/Receive Progress" dialog box keeps appearing every 4 minutes when there is a scheduled Send/Receive, although I have selected the "Don't show this dialog box during Send/Receive" tick box.

I have
Win XP Pro SP1
Office XP Pro SP2

This did not happen when I used an Exchange server. Strangely enough I think this problem appeared only a week ago, although I have had the same POP3 configuration for a month.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Minimize to tray

I had never seen this option before installing Attachment Options (3rd party plug-in to manage attachment security) .... Believe me, I was going nuts trying to figure it out ...

I had the same problem with the Send/Receive status window, but found no solution except to stop Outlook from minimizing to the system tray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.