Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:upset: I have been using MS Office 2000 for some time. Recently I replaced my motherboard and formatted the hdd and started over. Since then I have been unable to get Outlook setup properly. I want to be able to use the addressbook in Word to print envelopes. To do that I have to set Outlook as my default email program, I have done that. Here are my first two questions:

1. How do I backup Contacts? I have exported as an Excel file but it did not import properly so I want to just save the entire as is for safety.

2. When I type a new email and click send it goes to the outbox and stays there until I click send/receive. Someone told me to fix that by going to TOOLS, OPTIONS,MAIL SERVICES and there to set the sent immediately or how often to check messages. However, when I follow that procedure I do not get those options on that window. If I follow TOOLS, OPTIONS,MAIL SERVICES I get the following options:
Startup Settings
Mail Options: Check for new mail on Internet E-mail - My Server is named.

If anyone has any ideas how to make this program work please help...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Office like other M$ product are very cranky specially after upgrades...try detect and repair...from Help on the menu...if you cant get it open that much do a full reinstall...get it to where you can export your data..file export...then uninstall and reinstall it all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.