Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I click on Outlook Express, it takes an age to load. Ihad the same experience before and it was caused by deleting Mcafee Antivirus which took a needed file with it. I have just formatted my hard drive and reloaded everything from a rescue disc which included McAfee antivirus and I deleted it taking the file with it again.I have forgotten the name of the file and I need to reload it. Can anyone help please.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll certainly try System File Checker and see what happens, but for anyone else who has the same problem, I believe the file is "imagehlp.dll" situated in the C:/Windows/System folder. I looked through some older CD's that I made of my My Downloads folder and recognised it. Thanks very much

·
Registered
1 Posts
Outlook and Messenger

I have had the Outlook slow loading problem even since attempting to install XP in place of W98 and instead making a horrible mess out of my computer. On returning to W98 (with professional help) I found Outlook chronically bogged down. I believe this may be related to a registry entry directing it to open Windows Messenger, which it fails to do for various reasons, including that there is no Windows Messenger for W98. XP help forums (at this site and elsewhere) give instructions for editing the registry to correct this problem, but they do not match the W98 registry entries. Does anyone have any ideas about how to edit the W98 registry to eliminate the Messenger pollution? Or am I barking up the wrong tree in the first place?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.