Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Possible Solution

Save time and money get the laptop with XP Home, I use it to connect to my company server/domain and it works just fine. The thing about XP Home that makes it look like it is a network nightmare is it does not allow you to logon to the network at startup. There is no place to type the domain and your username and password and that scares people... Well anyway all the workgroups of the network you are connected to will be displayed in WinXp Home just like any other windows product, the diffrence is .. you have to type your username and password when you attempt to accsess the share or printer of any computer in the workgroup you select. Windows XPHome will allow you to accsess all the domains on the network at once. Ie my company has 4 diffrent domains and workgroups in each of them, XPhome allow complete accsess to all these domains at the same time via network panel, the only thing is you must type your username and password when attempting to use the shares on any specific computer. No big deal after the first time there is an option to save your username/password. Anyway if this seem like to much you will have to shell out for XP Pro. ME is a joke and microsoft does not offer Current support for 98 and by that I mean manual updating, no clicking on the update icon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.