Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im running a non-genuine windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and i wanted to get genuine and change to 64 bit (to access more ram). but i want to change down to home premium as this is cheaper and i don't need ultimate. can i do it using an upgrade pack (cheaper) or do i need the full install?

also, checking the microsoft site for info it doesnt let u decide between buying a 64 bit or a 32 bit package. does this mean both options are available in each package?

thx in advance

alan

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,253 Posts
To use the upgrade version you will have to have a activated older version of windows . . The Upgrade and Full Retail versions include both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of windows 7

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
since you have a non genuine copy installed, you are not eligible for the upgrade version or oem. If your computer originally had another operating system, that copy will have to be reinstalled and activated if you want to use an upgrade version, otherwise you will have to purchase the full retail version.

You will have to format the drive before installing the older os or before installing a full retail version of win7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.