Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day. For a while now I have been having a problem with origin not loading the ui main screen. All I get is a white screen with greyed out, flashing boxes. I have tried re-downloading origin and it worked until I restarted my pc, then it just went back to not loading.

I have tried deleting my cache folder, deleting the folders in appdata, deleting origin in programdata, deleting all temp files etc. I have tried running as admin. Nothing seems to work, it still stays stuck as if it is loading the ui.

I dont know what to do anymore. I cant keep downloading the client every time i want to log onto Origin as my internet is capped at 20Gb. Could a slow internet connection be part of the problem?

I would appreciate all the help i can get, as I cant play any of my origin games now. opening them on desktop either does nothing, or attempts to open origin first, Thank you for your time

·
Moderator , Windows Tech Team , Hardware Tech T
Operating Systems || Hardware || Most Tech Stuff
2,980 Posts
I have not used Origin, but let me take a stab at it.

When you downloaded Origin, did you uninstall the previous version completely and then installed Origin ? Or did you do an overwrite/repair install of sorts

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,464 Posts
Mine works just fine. i see I have a new look and in big bold type " It's a bird, it's a plane, it's bassfisher6522". Too funny!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tristar
Yeah. I have uninstalled it in programs and features, as well as using the uninstall exe in the origin folder. I,ve tried installing as admin and even that didnt work. Found a work around to play my games by starting offline, but that doesnt help fully as it gives the message "Well, that didn't go as planned" along with a blank white screen. As far as I understand, that is caused by Origin needing to login online at least once every few days (Which if its true is really idiotic, as some folks don't always have internet)

Thanks for Responding
Oh and BassFisher6522, why you gotta make me jealous? XD

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team
2,464 Posts
Sorry dude......

Is it currently installed? If so, try download RevoUninstaller and run it. It will use the programs (origin) uninstaller .exe and after it's finished it will let you scan for leftovers. Select advanced and let it do it's thing. When it finds the leftovers check select all and then delete, then next.

Reboot and check for problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.