Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
No matter what they say Opera is awesome. It is free and no more ad-supported.

Upgraded right away. Thanks dai.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just started using it and it does not seem to have the problems of the last version early releases

P

·
0 Posts
what kind of problems have you been experiencing ? I think they got over the compatibility issues.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with the early releases last time java would not work,the thing that does annoy me in all releases is you cannot import cookies and the wand

P

·
0 Posts
lol i just had one problem so far and it is still there. java failure. version 9 has it too :)

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
working ok on mine i always check my bank if there is any problem with java it shows up straight away when trying to log in

P

·
0 Posts
lol i did the same thing and checked my bank :))) I wonder if they have patches, updates or addons :)

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i noticed it defaults as the opera browser in the setting try it set to ie

P

·
0 Posts
V9.0 gave me a serious headache. If this was the first version that i used i definetely would not use Opera. Has serious problems with downloads and java script. I am switching back to 8.5 :sayno:

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Hey PS *grumbles* congrads on the world series */grumbling*

Yeah, Opera 9 wouldn't let me check my gmail account. And I dunno if it's just me, but Opera is 21.something megs and Firefox is 15.55 megs. I like slimmed down browsers, and when I started using Opera I coulda swore that Opera took less resources than FF.......

·
Premium Member
8,701 Posts
dai said:
working ok on mine i always check my bank if there is any problem with java it shows up straight away when trying to log in
I check my bank and the only problem is it always tells me that i don't have any money LOL

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
I did a clean install of 8.5, 9 wouldn't lemme check my gmail.

See here is a picture of what I'm talking about, and I just did a clean install not 5 minutes before I took this ss.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I just downloaded and unpacked both Firefox and Opera. Your Firefox numbers are correct (yes, Firefox is a bit bloated), but your numbers for Opera are way off. Add/Remove Programs on my computer shows Opera as 5.41MB.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
in add and remove mine shows 28.5mg,but i imported over 3000 bookmarks and contacts and at present have 500 odd emails plus all the other junk

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Ah. I have also imported bookmarks...... that must be why.

·
Premium Member
78,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
this version of opera defaults to identify as opera,try setting it to identify as i.e and see if your gmail works

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.